Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lola Read-Along: Favourite Quotations


How is everyone going in the read-along? HAVE YOU GOT TO THE SWOONS YET?! If not, keep reading folks. They're coming :D

Anyway, in today's post, I'm going to highlight a few quotes that we like from Lola. There are some non-spoiler ones, but also some more spoilery quotes which we've hidden under a spoiler tag. If you haven't joined the read-along yet, smh. haha kidding. But hopefully we can convince you to grab a copy of this book with the quotes hehe.
The porch is silent. I turn to Lindsey. “What just happened?”
“Your father invited the former love of your life in for pie.”
“Yeah. That’s what I thought.”
I loled.
“I like being different.”
“And I like that about you,” Cricket says. “But I like the real you best.”
ALL THE SWOONS.

And some more spoilery quotes under the spoiler tag:
Click me to read spoilers
   “I’ll only say this once more. Clearly, so there’s no chance of misinterpretation.” His eyes darken into mine. “I like you. I’ve always liked you. It would be wrong for me to come back into your life and act otherwise.”
   I’m crying now. “Cricket...I have a boyfriend.”
   “I know. That sucks.”
#FEELS
“So you believe in second chances?” I bite my lip.
“Second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes. However long it takes. If the person is right,” he adds.
“If the person is...Lola?”
This time, he holds my gaze. “Only if the other person is Cricket.”
FURTHER SWOONS.

What are some of your favourite Lola and the Boy Next Door quotes?