Saturday, August 17, 2013

A to Z Survey: Nara

I'm sure you all know about the A to Z survey already! It's been circulating in the blogging world recently and was the idea of Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner. So without further ado, my answers:


Author you've read the most books from
Well, according to Goodreads it looks like Meg Cabot wins with 47 books. Holy crap, that's a lot of books! Second place goes to Jennifer Estep with 23 books and third place Richelle Mead with 21!

Best Sequel Ever
Oh man...erm....Unravel Me? #Chapter62

Currently Reading
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, and rereading Earth Star by Janet Edwards and Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Drink of choice while reading
I don't think I really drink stuff while reading...water I guess?

E-reader or physical book?
PHYSICAL! I like seeing them on the shelf.

Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school
Sam from Speechless. *swoons*

Glad you gave this book a chance
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I had it lying around for aaaaages before I decided to start it, and thank god I did read it!

Hidden gem book
Earth Girl by Janet Edwards. Not many people know about it, but I LOVED it! Also Insignia by SJ Kincaid. Freaking amazing!

Important moment in your reading life
Meeting Chantelle (coblogger). Finally had someone to talk about books with!

Just finished
Thin Space by Jody Casella. It was meh. And before that, Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan. That one was pretty good.

Kinds of books you won't read
Erotica, Biographies, most New Adult, most Poetry. I read pretty much everything else.

Longest book you've read
I do believe Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. With a whopping 1463 pages.

Major book hangover because of
Maybe Clockwork Princess? Or The Fault in Our Stars! Both were amazing!

Number of bookcases you own
I have one personal one, but some of my books are on my brother's bookcase, and some are on the family bookcase, so I guess three.

One book you have read multiple times
Any Harry Potter book. Or any Percy Jackson book. Okay, that's not one book, but how the heck could I choose between them?!

Preferred place to read
The bed. So comfy :D

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read
Well, I wanted to include one from TFIOS but spoilers. So here's one from Speechless:
“Hate is...it's too easy," he says. His face calm, calmer than it has any right to be, his eyes not wavering from mine, like he's so completely sure of what he's saying. "Love. Love takes courage.”
Also, the one in the sidebar.

Reading regret
I don't think I really have one?

Series you started and need to finish (all the books are out in series)
The Graceling Realm. I've only read Graceling.

Three of your all-time favourite books
JUST THREE?! I'm going to cheat and go three series rather than three books hehe. In no particular order:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Percy Jackson series + Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan (yes I realise that's two series. But they're set in the same world so I'm going to count them as one series. My survey answers, my rules.)
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

Unapologetic fangirl for
Richelle Mead. John Green. Cassandra Clare. TAHEREH MAFI AND RANSOM RIGGS ERMAHGERD CUTEST COUPLE EVER!

Very excited for this release more than all the others
Ignite Me!!! WARNER! I want more #Chapter62. Also the cover...SO PRETTY!

Worst bookish habit
Opening a random page in a book to check out what the writing is like and accidentally reading a spoiler...

X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer!

Your latest book purchase
Crown of Midnight. I actually already had an ARC from the publisher, but then there was this thing where if you preordered the book you could get a signed cover print from Sarah J Maas. I wanted the print so I got another copy of CoM. Hehe.

ZZZ-sntacher book (last book that kept you up WAY late)
All Our Yesterdays. I was a fool and started reading it at 1 AM. Could not stop.





10 comments:

  1. AAAAAAWWWW shucks Nara! <3 <3 also, your worst bookish habit... I'm going to have to hold an intervention soon hahaha our next readthon: on a scale of 1 to Nara, how much do you read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I probs won't be able to get rid of the intervention any time soon...I did it the other day at the library as well haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, The Fault in Our Stars had me BAWLING. Which you know, was expected, but I was fine and then just suddenly there were tears everywhere.
    And I'm just about to start reading Graceling soon too! (well I need to go and collect it from the library today =) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TFIOS is seriously the best! I just LOVE the characters and the humour and even the ending was freaking perfect! Heartbreaking, but perfect!
      Graceling is quite good! I really do need to read the other two...

      Delete
  3. Haha love reading these! I'm glad you gave Daughter of Smoke and Bones a chance as well1 The second I got my hands on that one I had to read it because everyone was talking about it. And WOW, that's a lot of Meg Cabot books! And I REALLY need to start reading the Shatter Me series... maybe I'll wait until the third book is published though to see what everyone says. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read Shatter Me?! You definitely need to!! It might be better to start it after Ignite Me is out because Unravel Me ended on a semi cliffhanger. There is a love triangle though haha

      Delete
  4. Meg Cabot <33 I have probably read nearly everything of hers, well except her older ones and the Queen of Babble series haha, the impact of her novels have definitely changed since becoming a book blogger but she's always going to be a close part of my book love :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've read pretty much everything Meg Cabot has written lol. I own a fair proportion of them too! The Mediator series <3

      Delete
  5. I love these posts! I actually did one myself yesterday :P

    And oh yes, chapter 62. Chapter 62 guys. *swoons* And yes, they are the cutest couple ever! (Tahereh and Ransom I mean)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love them :')
      Chapter 62 is the greatest haha

      Delete