Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Read ALL THE BOOKS Update: February/March

If you don't know what this post is about, you can read this introduction post. Basically, I realised I have way too many unread books on my physical shelves, and so I'm going to try read as many of them as possible in the coming months. I'll probably continue this feature until I finish them all...but I don't know whether that will actually happen seeing as though I keep buying books. And borrowing books from the library. And requesting eARCs. Tis a problem.

My definition for "unread" either means that I haven't read the book at all, or that I haven't read that particular copy of the book (might have read it before as an eARC or something)

Well, it's now Week 10 of hospital placements, and I'm now at a hospital closer to my house woo! No more (too) early mornings. The past nine weeks of my clinical placements were at a hospital which is freaking far away (in Adelaide terms, anyway), and we had to come it at 7am some days, which is gross. And had resulted in me doing a lot of napping, which is something I don't normally really do. The whole getting up early and then going home and napping situation meant that I haven't really read as much as I normally do on weekdays, but I do set aside some reading time on the weekend, so I've still been reading a fair bit.

Oh, and I also discovered that SARAH J MAAS IS FREAKING COMING TO ADELAIDE MY GOD SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN. The good thing about Adelaide bookish events is that there usually aren't that many people lol. More one on one time with Sarah J Maas! I'll probably just be standing there in silent awe of her beauty though, let's be honest.



7 Stars (Favourite)
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (reread: first read another edition I own)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas (KJASHDLFAHLWEKJFALSDF!!!)
Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres (reread: first read library book)

6 Stars (Incredible)
Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes (reread: first read library book)
Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Confess by Colleen Hoover
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

5 Stars (Really liked it)
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
The Pause by John Larkin
The Hush by Skye Melki-Wegner

4 Stars (Liked it)
Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan
As Red as Blood by Salla Simukka


Your favourite book of the month (two months I guess)? Mine was ACOTAR, obviously. SO GOOD.