Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme where book bloggers come up with their Top Ten list for a particular book topic. Here at Looking at the Panacea, Chantelle and Nara each pick their top five to give a combined list of ten. This week's topic is:

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most


CHANTELLE



1. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
An impacting, mind-blowing coming of age novel by my favourite YA Aussie author!
Just trust me on this one.

2. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Every girl should read this before they're 20. It follows Frankie, a smart, ambitious 15 yo girl who should not be underestimated. (Review)

3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The most vividly descriptive, creative and original piece I've ever read. Be prepared to be completely transported into a world of magic and infinite possibilities.

4. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi
Best. sequel. ever. I'll describe Unravel me as 'MORE', there's just more of everything, it's lived up to all the hype. So much squealing.

5. Butter by Erin Jade Lange
I did not expect to love and admire this book as much as I do, it follows an obese teenage boy who struggles with self-identity and self-worth as he makes an online promise to eat himself to death. I can not recommend this enough! Review coming soon...

6. Easy by Tammara Webber
So much swoonage, not kidding, if you've lived on some other planet and haven't read this yet, read it already!



NARA
Okay, I'm going to cheat slightly in mine, and do series for some of them instead of just single books :) All of the recommended books are Panacea Candidates, either for 2012 or for 2013.


1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Like last week, John Green. Quote in sidebar. Enough said. (Review)

2. The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare
The last book in this series, Clockwork Princess, was recently released. And it was amazing. The series contains possibly the most even love triangle I have ever encountered in Young Adult fiction. Will? Jem? Por que no los dos?

3. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series by Laini Taylor
Taylor's writing in this series is absolutely stunning. Incredible world building and character development certainly make this a series to recommend. (Review)

4. The Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
In the Vampire Academy series, my favourite character was probably Adrian, so when Bloodlines came out I was extremely excited. With The Fiery Heart (Book 4) coming out at the end of this year, I definitely recommend starting the series soon!

5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Jase, Jase, Jase, Jase, Jase. You are amazing. Seriously, just read this book for the Jase-age and you won't be disappointed.

6. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
One of the most realistic romances I've ever read. Great build up, impeccable character development, intrigue upon intrigue! Get yourself a copy! (Review)


P.S. Yes, we do realise we've listed twelve books instead of ten, but the prospect of cutting our recommendations down any further was rather painful so we didn't :)

Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

10 comments:

  1. Jellicoe Road is just amazing! I love love that book. I also want to read My Life Next Door but I don't have a copy of it yet. *sobs*

    Nice list, btw. You can check out my TTT, too.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Life Next Door is amazing! I hope you get to read it at some point :)

      Delete
  2. Chantelle I've got 2 books in common with you in my Top Ten.

    Nara - I cannot believe I forgot Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone :(

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo!!! Another Jellicoe Road fan, it really is one of those everyone-has-to-read-it-or-they-will-not-be-okay books. And Night Circus :) You can imagine scenes from Night Circus like a movie, and yet a movie couldn't do it justice.

      Delete
    2. Chantelle, thanks for stopping by my blog :D

      xoxo
      Angelica

      Delete
  3. In Infernal Devices series is on my list too - wasn't CLockwork Princess AMAZING?! I also love the Bloodlines series, the Shatter Me series and Easy - they all could've easily made my list. It's so hard to narrow it down to just 10!

    Here's my TTT: Top Ten Tuesday at Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the way that Cassandra Clare dealt with the love triangle! And the ending was brilliant :) Both Chantelle and I definitely found it difficult to narrow ours down (as evident by this becoming a Top Twelve Tuesday haha)

      Delete
  4. Nara: AH! I need to finish the Infernal Devices!! I haven't had a chance to read the last one, but I NEED TO.

    Chantelle: Jellicoe Road and Easy! I love both of them, and can't believe I didn't include them on my list. Jonah Griggs and Lucas = swoooonnnnnnnn. (:

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read it as soon as possible! The ending was amazing, and I don't think I've seen anyone so far who hasn't enjoyed it :D

      Delete
    2. YES! Tabitha you have amazing taste in book boyfriends! ;)

      Delete