Monday, December 8, 2014

The TBR Tag

I've been tagged by Laura @ Laura Plus Books! Thanks Laura :)

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Well, I have my Goodreads TBR shelf, and I have a google doc tracking my unread physical shelf books, and I can also just look through my physical TBR pile myself (it's on a separate shelf, as you can see below. The pile of books on the white shelf is my priority TBR (left) and the other stacks are the rest of my TBR (right)).






















Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
Definitely print. I don't really buy that many ebooks (pretty much will only buy ebooks if the book is an ebook exclusive, e.g. novellas), although I guess I have a lot of eARCs.

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
Literally whatever I feel like reading. I probably prioritise my TBR this way:
1. Books I really want to read
2. Review copies
3. Books I sort of want to read

A book that's been on your TBR list the longest
Um, not sure. Maybe American Gods for non-physical TBR and Slaughterhouse-Five for physical TBR. I will read them at some point! They just keep getting put off because of other pretties...

A book you recently added to your TBR
I recently added Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher.
I love both of these authors (despite them writing only NA, and me normally hating NA) and for them to collab is going to be freaking epic!

A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover
Um, maybe Red Queen? Although I suppose that's not strictly just because of its cover. It's also because it's a high fantasy! (I think....haven't actually read the blurb lolz)

A book on your TBR that you never plan on actually reading
I don't think I have any books that I don't plan on reading on my TBR. I mean, isn't the point of a TBR to list books that you want to read?
Oh wait, I got this random book for review named "The Rich Kids of Instagram" and I'm pretty sure I don't want to read that... maybe when I feel like making fun of something.


An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for
SO MANY AKJDSLFAWEF.
Everything by Brandon Sanderson.
Everything by Sarah J Maas.
Everything by Rick Riordan.

A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you
Um, maybe Gone by Michael Grant? I don't actually know if a lot of people have read it, but I feel like it's popped up a lot. Should definitely read it at some point...

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends
A crapload of people have said that The Program by Suzanne Young is really good. All I know about it is that it's about suicide and a dystopian society that controls emotions or something.

A book on your TBR that you're dying to read
ALL THE BOOKS. The above mentioned ones from the "unpublished book" question, but also dying for Fairest and Winter by Marissa Meyer. KJASLHDFJAHWEF.
AND THE FOURTH BOOK IN THE RAVEN CYCLE. GANSEY. SOMEBODY HOLD ME.

The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf
Around 550 at the moment, although I'm sure I'll be adding more even as this post goes up.

Not too sure who has done this tag, so...I tag the first three commenters. And anyone else who wants to do it, of course.