Friday, February 28, 2014

Reading Update (28/2/14)

Well, this is my last week of freedom because next week, I go back to uni. So yeah, from now on the number of posts and things will probably decrease because both Chantelle and I do the same uni course and apparently this year is the year where things start getting really full on (third year, if you're interested, by the way).

As always, a reminder that these books are what I've read in the past two weeks. Actually, probably a little less than two weeks since I've changed the Reading Update day from Sunday to Friday. That's just so I have something to break up my reviews- i.e. Wed- review, Fri- reading update/discussion/quiz/whatever, Sun- review.

First Read
Death Sworn by Leah Cypess- 4 Stars. Reviewed
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller- 5 Stars

Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi- 5 Stars + Incredible + Favourite + Panacea Candidate
If you're a fan of Tahereh Mafi and haven't yet got a copy of this, seriously go grab it right now. Juliette's journal has got to be some of the most beautiful writing I have ever read. And of course, let's be honest, EVERYONE needs a copy of Destroy Me in physical form (unless you're Team Adam I guess lol). GET ITTTTT.

Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam- 4 Stars. Review to be published on 2/Mar

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- 5 Stars. To be reviewed.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson- 5 Stars + Incredible + Favourite
Sanderson may well be my new favourite author. Or, one of them, at least. HIS WORLD BUILDING IS FREAKING INCREDIBLE *drools*

Tin Star by Cecil Castelluci- 4 Stars. Review to be published on 16/Mar

Reread
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge- 5 Stars + Incredible
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins- 5 Stars + Incredible + Favourite
Preparing for the super sekret (not really) posts organised as part of the Stephanie Perkins Read-Along! Check the sidebar if you want more info about that.

Currently Reading
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (reread)
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Why yes, I'm reading four books at once. I like to live life on the edge. #notrly

You guys reading anything interesting?