Friday, February 21, 2014

Quiz: How well do you know your Hardcovers?



So, the other day I saw a photo of the Incarnate trilogy hardcovers without the dust jackets, and omg they're so pretty. (Sidenote: okay, I just searched for 15 mins in vain for a nice photo of them undressed, so you'll have to take my word for it. But seriously, they're really pretty)

Anyway, I grabbed a few of the hardcovers that I own and took photos of them without the dust jackets and my quiz is this- can you tell what books they are? Some of them are quite easy, but some are more difficult- so I've included hints and stuff. If you get completely stuck then you can look at my hardcover shelf on Goodreads. Seriously only use that as a last resort though, because I don't own that many hardcovers (25 apparently).



Question 1:
Okay, let's start off with an incredibly difficult one.


OHMAHGODIHAVENOIDEAWHATTHISIS.
...not really. I mean, come on. This isn't even a question.

Question 2:


Okay, this one's more difficult. Some clues-
-It's a trilogy
-The books may or may not be in the proper order here. By which I mean they're not. lol.
-Still too hard? Think military symbols, birds, roses...
-COLOURED FONTS

Question 3:

Clearly there are two parts to this question because there is no way that both those books are in the same series. So clues for the book on the left:
-It's a high fantasy
-It features cats. Awesome cats. Epically awesome cats.
For the book on the right, I'm not sure that you necessarily need clues. But
-It's a dystopian, second book in a series
-OH LOOK AT THAT IT'S A TIARA. What dystopian book has kings and queens and all that?

Question 4:

Left:
-It's a scifi
-The actual cover is also red. And also has that symbol.
Right:
-It's a standalone post-apocalyptic
-Can't really see it in the photo, but if you look closely at the bottom of the book there's a pool of water. Now, in what standalone post-apocalyptic book is water important, I wonder.

Question 5:

Left
-If you look closely (or click on it to zoom) there's a symbol on the cover which should give you a good clue
-I wonder why it isn't Blue
-Second in the series
Right
-lol this one's really hard. But it's a contemporary romance
-It's about neighbours
-HF.

Well, that's all of them. I probably could have done more, but they weren't as interesting. Like, they were all black or had the title written right there and such. Click the spoiler tag below to check the answers and let me know how you did in comments!

Click me to read spoilers

Question 1: No answer needed, I hope.
Question 2: The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu (in the order from left to right: Prodigy, Legend, Champion)
Question 3: Left- City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster, Right- The Elite by Kiera Cass
Question 4: Left- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid, Right- Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Question 5: Left- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, Right- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.